Purple Onion Catering Company’s simple goal is to provide exceptional food and service to the Washington DC Metro Area. Our passion-driven staff create and deliver visually-stunning custom events that are both, personal, and memorable. Each member of our team is key to this goal. We are looking for reliable, organized dishwashers who enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment.
The Dishwasher’s duty is to ensure soiled cookware, serving pieces, plates and flatware are washed thoroughly and returned to service quickly. Dishwashers will also assist with the cleanliness of the entire kitchen by cleaning appliances, mopping floors, emptying and cleaning trash receptacles and assisting other departments with various tasks. To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
• Ensure the availability of clean cookware, dishes, utensils and flatware by receiving items from the kitchen or from delivery vehicles.
• Prepare for the next shift by restocking kitchen stations and cleaning and organizing the
• Clean machines and appliances used in the kitchen
• Sweep and mop floors, and take charge of spills or broken items.
• Take out the trash and clean trash receptacles when needed
• Support other departments by assisting with tasks as needed.
• Adhere to food safety procedures
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimal work experience
• Be able to communicate with your supervisor and team members
• Possess time management skills
• Be able to stand for 8 hour or longer shifts and lift at least 25 pounds
• Demonstrate willingness to comply with kitchen rules and food safety procedures.
Purple Onion Catering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Health, Dental, and Vision insurance programs, 401k, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays to our Full Time Regular employees after respective wait times. On most days lunch is prepared for Staff. We enjoy periodic team building outings, and an annual Holiday gathering.
Apply by filling out the form on our Careers Page to join our team!