Purple Onion Catering Company is an award winning, full-service caterer providing visually-stunning custom catered events to the Washington DC area. Our success is based on a dedicated staff committed to the spirit of our Core Values: Perseverance, Resourcefulness, Respect, Reliability, a sense of Calm, and a commitment to be a Team Player. We are currently seeking an Event Designer to join our creative, talented team of memory makers.
• Visit Venues and promote the facilities and services to prospective clients
• Find and engage with new customers through referrals, inquiries, networking, and cold calling
• Close sales through relationship building
• Facilitate the planning and execution of events
• Cultivate vendors to acquire best pricing on goods and services for our clients
• Create accurate and timely proposals for clients and set realistic expectations about timelines for changes
• Provide timely departmental and interdepartmental communications regarding catering logistics
To be successful in this role you should
• have experience in event planning and/or full-service catering.
• be knowledgeable of cuisines and have the ability to quickly grasp our product offerings
• possess computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs.
• possess listening and conversational skills that will uncover potential upsell opportunities
• exhibit attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced, lively environment.
• think creatively, be positive, show initiative and have a can-do attitude.
• be able to communicate with staff in and out of your department.
• Exhibit the company’s core values.
The work environment is lively. The noise level is medium to high. You will be expected to be able to use a telephone, keyboard, and common office equipment. You must be able to sit or stand for long to periods of time. You must be able to communicate in English and being bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus when combined with other skills noted in the description.
Purple Onion Catering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that embraces the diversity within our workforce. We offer a competitive base plus commission compensation plan, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance programs, 401k, and Paid Time Off to our Full Time Regular employees after respective wait times. On most days lunch is prepared for Staff. We enjoy periodic team building outings, and an annual Holiday gathering.
Apply by filling out the form on our Careers Page to join our team!