Purple Onion Catering Company’s simple goal is to provide exceptional food and service to the Washington DC Metro Area. Our passion-driven staff create and deliver visually-stunning custom events that are both, personal, and memorable. Each member of our team is key to this goal.
Currently, we are seeking an Event Producer to handle sales administration duties for one of our Event Designers. Typical duties would be data entry into catering software, following up with clients, updating events, preparing signage for events, working with event vendors, coordinating with kitchen and delivery staff, and attending events.
To be successful in this role you should
• Have experience with, or exposure to, event planning and/or full-service catering.
• Possess computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs.
• Exhibit attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced, lively environment.
• Think creatively, be positive, show initiative and have a can-do attitude.
• Be able to coordinate with staff in and out of your department.
• Have reliable transportation.
The work environment is lively. The noise level is medium to high. You will be expected to be able to use a telephone, keyboard, and common office equipment. You must be able to sit or stand for long to periods of time. You must be able to communicate in English and being bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus when combined with other skills noted in the description.
Purple Onion Catering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Health, Dental, and Vision insurance programs, 401k, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays to our Full Time Regular employees after respective wait times. On most days lunch is prepared for Staff. We enjoy periodic team building outings, and an annual Holiday gathering.
Apply by filling out the form on our Careers Page to join our team!