Purple Onion Catering Company’s simple goal is to provide exceptional food and service to the Washington DC Metro Area. Our passion-driven staff create and deliver visually-stunning custom events that are both, personal, and memorable. Each member of our team is key to this goal and accomplishes great things by being team players who persevere and remain calm through our busiest times, are resourceful in making things happen, show respect through mutual support and by being reliable to the team.
Currently we are seeking a pastry assistant to join our bakery team. The Pastry Assistant’s role is to support the Bakery Manager and team with the pastry requirements of our clients’ event menus.
Position: Pastry Assistant
Reports to: Bakery Manager
Working under the supervision of the Bakery Manager, the Pastry Assistant will assist in the production of desserts, pastries, cookies and cakes according to kitchen recipes and standards of quality, accuracy and presentation. The pastry assistant will work as a part of a faced paced culinary team environment while adhering to established sanitation and safety standards.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Weigh, mix and bake scratch cake batters for wedding cake production and dessert
- Check production schedule routinely to be aware of priority items
- Meet production schedules and timelines for pastry needs
- Make buttercreams, pastry creams, caramel and ganache
- Scale and mix doughs for cookies
- Keep work station, storage and pastry areas clean
- Safely and responsibly operate kitchen equipment
- Work well with teammates and accept coaching form management team
- Be on time and ready to work when you shift begins
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to take and provide instructions
- Pastry Experience
- Be a team player by persevering, being reliable, respectful and resourceful, and calm
Purple Onion Catering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Health, Dental, and Vision insurance programs, 401k, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays to our Full Time Regular employees after respective wait times. On most days lunch is prepared for Staff. We enjoy periodic team building outings, and an annual Holiday gathering.
Apply by filling out the form on our Careers Page to join our team!